Summer is only a few months away, and if you’re looking to get in shape, look no further. Hollywood Live Wire Exclusively Celebrity Pilates Instructor, Amy JordanWho worked with the stars including Vanessa Hudgens, Sophia Bush, Ashley Tisdale, And Kristin Cavallari, For example, but not limited. Amy shared a step-by-step workout that will get you toned and the best part is that it can be done in the studio or in the comfort of your own home.
Amy created the exercise class, WundaBar, which Amy describes as “Pilates reinvented.” She explained why she created the WundaBar, saying, “Before WundaBar you had two options in Pilates – Slow-and-Cerebral or Pound-It-Out without methodology. WundaBar Pilates is the first to bridge that gap. We combine strength and movement safety in Pilates – all That’s in the exclusive WundaFormer – a Pilates reformer, Wunda chair, ballet, and jump plank, all in one machine.”
So, what exactly does exercise entail? “We focus on starting every movement with your core — even squats or triceps curls,” Amy revealed. “If you can energize your core with breathing, you will get more out of every workout! Think of it this way: Instead of pushing your legs off the ground to rise from a squat, take a breath to rise and think of LIFT instead of pushing for length and tone in your core as you sculpt.” Your booty!”
WundaBar is a “full-body experience” Amy explained, “For example, if you’re doing a biceps curl, we’re talking triceps extension with elbow bent, biceps extension with arm open. This upends the old way of exercising to bring in movement.” To the future by sharing the workload, and having every part of your body in the party!”
If you’d like to try Amy’s workout from the comfort of your own home, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Core x Backline Plank
- Start with your elbows and knees on your mat.
- Hold a WundaCore resistance band between hands, palms facing inward, elbows touching the mat.
- Walk backwards one leg at a time into a plank on your forearms.
- Wunda Wisdom: Send Intention into the Ring Like You Can Tighten It Feel Your Deep Core and Back Line Strengthen It All!
- Hold for 30 seconds and add 10 seconds each time you try.
One leg transverse – right side
- Lie on your back and wrap the long end of a WundaCore resistance loop over your right foot, and hold with your right hand.
- Take your left hand under the base of your head and inhale to rotate and lift your head + left shoulder blade off the mat.
- More challenge: Move left leg off the mat the whole time.
- Wunda Wisdom: Focus on your lower left ribs that rotate toward your inner right thigh to keep your core long and create light lines. Do not shorten and wrap up to the knee.
- 12 reps
Lower abdomen + triceps lunge – right side
- Start by standing parallel to them, spaced 4″ apart, then step your left leg back. Hold a WundaCore resistance loop between hands, behind your body at your hips. Do not bend elbows.
- Exhale, and lean your torso forward as you bend your right knee into a lunge. Keep your knee aligned with your first and second toe and allow your knee to come directly in front of your ankle.
- Inhale, return to start.
- Wunda Wisdom: Find balance with your arms reaching a long distance (not high!) while pulling your navel up and in to keep your ribs and pelvis stacked throughout the entire movement.
- 12 reps
Step into a squat
- One step at a time, place the WundaCore resistance loop around the widest part of your calves. parallel feet.
- Stand upright with your hands on your hips and your weight even on the soles of your feet. The WundaCore Resistance Loop actually triggers your body’s reactions to get your waistline to work!
- Exhale, curl up from the front of your hips, and reach your tailbone for a long time—then bend at the knees to lower into a squat. Allow your knees to come in front of your ankles as you bend into a squat.
- Inhale, and return to standing, with equal weight on your feet.
- Wunda Wisdom: Holding the resistance loop in place guides your body to not only find your booty but all the way to your glutes (running diagonally toward your waist) as well as proper knee alignment and a low abs!
- 12 reps
Lower abdomen + triceps lunge – left side
One leg crossed – left side
Inner thigh + pelvic floor bridge
- Lie on your back on your mat with your feet flat, and the WundaCore resistance loop between your inner thighs. It will automatically separate your legs about 4. Two long arms on the rug, actively imprinting on the floor.
- Inhale to reach the pelvis for a long time to lift you up, pausing at the top to recruit your fermentation and feeling your knees expand and lengthen away from your hips. Keep your lower back open, not shortening with a deep arch.
- Exhale and keep your booty up as your core and upper core are down first. Then it extends mid-back, lower back and pelvis down to the tailbone.
- Wunda Wisdom: As you work, consider giving the resistance band some breathing room—don’t squeeze it and you’ll get more work and better results for your core, inner thighs, and back!
- 12 reps
Side saddle stretch
- Sit with your feet flat on your mat and wrap a WundaCore resistance loop around the ball of your right foot, grab it with your right hand, and bend to the side with your left arm raised. You can rotate your ribs on the floor for a deeper stretch.
- Hold and breathe for 15 seconds. Repeat on the other side.
If you’re feeling unmotivated or don’t know how to get yourself to try this workout, Amy shared her tips for staying motivated. “If you’re feeling stuck and out of the habit of moving — start with the smallest step.” She continued, “Try a 15-second plank. You’ll probably feel strong and your body will thank you for the work. Then do 8 squats. Now your blood is moving and you’re calling yourself in a positive way. Take a short walk, even a few laps around your living room while focusing on your breathing.” The deep. The little steps will invite more movement, and your body and soul will thank you—hope to see you in the studio or on the carpet!”
Click to sign up for HollywoodLife’s free daily newsletter For top celebrity news.