The summer transfer window is here, and there’s a lot of gossip swirling about who’s going where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumors, whereabouts and, of course, deals!
TOP STORY: Man United eye Aubameyang, Vardy?
Manchester United have joined Chelsea in the race to sign the Barcelona striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyangsays The Sun, while they could also target Leicester City Jamie Vardy.
United are in need of a new striker, after a terrible start to the Premier League season, and Aubameyang is set to leave Camp Nou after arriving on a free transfer from Arsenal in February.
Barca want around €25m for his services but Chelsea and United are keen to sign the 33-year-old, who has scored 92 goals in 163 games at Arsenal.
Meanwhile, The Athletic claim United want to land Vardy. The 36-year-old helped Leicester win the Premier League title in 2015-16 but is still going strong and scored 17 goals in 33 games last season, despite injuries.
Espanyol’s Raúl de Tomas, plus the Atletico Madrid pair Alvaro Morata and Matheus Cunha have also been linked, with sources telling ESPN on Monday that Erik ten Hag’s shortlist of attacking options includes the 23-year-old Brazilian.
– ESPN+ guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (USA)
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
09:47 BST: Paris Saint-Germain are ready to leave the midfielder Leandro Paredes joining Juventus on a season-long loan, according to Sky Italy.
Paredes, 28, is contracted to PSG until June 2024 but has only made 22 appearances in all competitions for the French champions and is keen to leave in search of regular playing time.
A Juve target, Paredes is keen on a move to Turin and has reportedly made personal deals with the Italian giants. However, the two clubs have yet to reach an agreement over Paredes’ transfer, with PSG keen to include a €25m option that Juve could exercise to sign him permanently next summer.
Deal to bring Paredes to Turin is also subject to Juventus midfielder Adrien Rabiot join Manchester United this summer. United have reportedly agreed to a €20m fee, rising to €25m, to sign the France international.
09:28 BST: Inter Milan expect an agreement with Chelsea for the transfer of the teenage midfielder Cesare Casadei this week.
Sky Italy claim Chelsea have increased their offer to €12m, but Inter are asking for €15m plus €5m in bonuses.
Negotiations are ongoing between the clubs and Inter are reportedly optimistic that Chelsea will return with another offer by Thursday.
Casadei, 19, was recently promoted to the Inter first team after impressing with the reserves, scoring 13 goals and setting up four more in 29 league appearances last season. He has represented Italy at youth level and is under contract with the Nerazzurri until June 2024.
Inter are keen to let Casadei go so they can focus on finding a replacement for the defender Andrea Ranocchialeft for Monza.
09.11 BST: Sevilla are in negotiations with Bayern Munich to sign the French centre-back Tanguy Nianzouaccording to Diario de Sevilla.
Nianzou, 20, arrived at the German club in the summer of 2020 as a free agent after his contract with Paris Saint-Germain expired.
With Bayern having signed the Dutch defender Matthijs de Ligt from Juventus for €67million earlier this summer, Nianzou is set to see his playing time reduced.
Nianzou made 17 league appearances for Bayern last season but only six as a starter. Sevilla are looking to strengthen their defensive line after losing key defenders Jules Kounde and Diego carlos this summer. Kounde joined Barcelona, while Diego Carlos joined Premier League side Aston Villa.
08:36 BST: Villarreal left-back Pervis Estupinan is set to join Brighton on a permanent transfer, according to El Periodico Mediterraneo.
Estupinan, 24, did not train with Villarreal on Monday and traveled to England with the club’s permission to complete his spell in the Premier League.
Brighton will pay €18m plus €5m in variables to sign the Ecuador international, who made 40 appearances in all competitions for Villarreal last season as they reached the semi-finals of the League of Nations. champions.
Villarreal signed Estupinan from Watford in the summer of 2020 for €16m on a seven-year deal.
08:00 BST: Chelsea are set to make another offer for the Everton striker Anthony Gordonreports the Times.
Sources told ESPN’s James Olley on Monday that Chelsea rejected a £40million offer as Blues manager Thomas Tuchel tried to bolster his squad with three signings before the transfer window closed next month.
Gordon, who has also attracted interest from Tottenham and Newcastle, is seen as an exciting future prospect who could fill one of three attacking positions in Tuchel’s preferred 3-4-2-1 system. .
Everton continue to insist the 21-year-old is unavailable for transfer, and The Times report that Chelsea are currently preparing a further £45million offer for the 21-year-old.
Julien Laurens and Nedum Onuoha discuss Thomas Tuchel’s offer for Anthony Gordon as Nedum doesn’t see how the Everton player fits into the Chelsea squad at the moment.
PAPER GOSSIP (by Adam Brown)
– Chelsea will continue Frankie de Jong until the end of the summer transfer window, according to Sport. Thomas Tuchel has made the 25-year-old midfielder a key target, and it’s reported that the Blues are ready to match Barcelona’s valuation of €80m to secure him. The Dutch international is also linked with Manchester United but it is hoped he will be persuaded to join Chelsea as they are able to offer Champions League football this season.
– Atletico Madrid are looking to offer Cristiano Ronaldo an exit from Manchester United, according to journalist Guillem Balague. The 37-year-old Portuguese star has been linked with leaving Old Trafford this summer amid concerns over his attitude, and has previously been linked with fierce rivals Atletico of his former club Real Madrid. Earlier on Monday, sources told ESPN United were adamant they would keep Ronaldo despite growing concerns his desire to move was becoming a negative influence in the dressing room. As such, Diego Simeone’s side are believed to be keeping the door open for a possible move.
– Bernardo SilvaManchester City’s transfer fee has been valued at £100million, according to The Athletic. Barcelona remain interested in the 28-year-old attacking midfielder but there seems to be a difference in valuation between the two clubs. City are said to be ready to allow him to leave if the right offer arrives from the Camp Nou hierarchy.
– There has been a lot of speculation around Matheus Nunes this summer, but it looks like he is now set to join Wolverhampton Wanderers, according to Record. Wolves have reportedly agreed a deal with Sporting CP worth €45m plus €5m in bonuses. The 23-year-old midfielder was also on West Ham United’s radar, while also being linked with Liverpool and Manchester City in recent months.
– Napoli are looking to acquire the midfielder from Tottenham Hotspur Tanguy Ndombele, reports Gianluca Di Marzio. The 25-year-old midfielder has been identified as a replacement for Fabien Ruiz, and it is understood they have offered a one-year loan deal which includes an option to make the move permanent for €30million. Ndombele contributed six goals in 31 appearances last season.