The summer transfer window is closed for major leagues in Europe. However, with one eye on January, there’s a lot of gossip swirling about who’s moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, whereabouts and, of course, deals!
TOP STORY: Man United ready to pounce on Griezmann uncertainty
Antoine Griezmann could be pushed for a January exit if Atletico Madrid cannot resolve their dispute with Barcelona over the terms of their loan deal, according to Athletic. If so, Manchester United will be looking to seize an opportunity and rekindle their interest in the 31-year-old after making a failed attempt in the summer.
The French striker is in the second year of a two-year loan from Barcelona after returning to the Metropolitano last summer. However, he hasn’t started a game for Diego Simeone’s side this season and has yet to make an appearance on the bench before the hour mark, with Los Rojiblancos would seek to avoid activating a clause which would make his transfer permanent for 40 million euros if he plays a certain number of minutes.
The Blaugrana are reportedly seeking legal action in response as they continue to demand payment from their La Liga rivals, as previously reported by ESPN.
United, among a number of other Premier League clubs, will be monitoring the situation closely.
11:37 BST: Looks like Arsenal have one for the future. remember the name Ethan Nwanari.
Ethan Nwaneri, 15 years and 180 days old, is on the bench for Arsenal today in Brentford! Kudos to him! Where were you when you were 15??? pic.twitter.com/Y0DeWv4mgJ
—Julien Laurens (@LaurensJulien) September 18, 2022
10:54 BST: Callum Hudson-Odoi says new Chelsea owner Todd Boehly has made it clear to him that he still has a future at the club.
Hudson-Odoi, 20, was loaned out to Bayer Leverkusen in the summer with the England striker keen to get more playing time.
“When a club tries to get a player [on loan], they still want that option to buy at the end of the season,” he told the Daily Mail. Todd was saying: “Listen, we want you back here. You’re still on the radar of being wanted by the club.
“The way he’s trying to set it up, there’s a lot of young players he’s trying to buy for the next few years. It shows he wants to integrate players into the team and help them develop. .”
10:25 a.m. BST: Liverpool target Wolves midfielder Matheus Nunes as an alternative to Jude Bellinghamsays UOL.
Liverpool are struggling with midfield injuries but have signed with Juventus Arthur Melo lent in the summer to complete Thiago Alcantara, Jordan Henderson, Fabinho, James Milner, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Naby Keita.
In the long term, sources have told ESPN that the club are keen on signing Borussia Dortmund and England international Bellingham, but the 19-year-old would cost upwards of €120m.
Nunes only arrived at Wolves this summer for around €45m and signed a five-year deal so he may not be much cheaper after impressing at Molineux.
Benfica Enzo Fernandez21, is another player reportedly on Liverpool’s shortlist.
09:53 BST: Bayer Leverkusen winger Moussa Diaby has a host of Premier League clubs on its trail, according to 90min.
Diaby, 23, has reportedly attracted interest from Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal, Manchester City and Newcastle United.
Leverkusen have struggled this season but the France international has stood out despite scoring just one goal and two assists in 10 games so far.
09:19 BST: Flamengo Midfielder Joao Gomes caught the attention of Liverpool and Manchester United, says Calciomercato.
Gomes, 21, is a defensive midfielder who is highly rated in Brazil and could be cheaper than some of the other young midfielder options on the transfer market.
Last month, Gomes told ESPN Brasil: “Liverpool is a team I would play for. I have the greatest desire to play. Playing in the Champions League is my biggest dream and my family’s dream is my biggest. dream in football.”
09:00 BST: Man City looking to join race for Inter Milan defender Milan Skriniaraccording to The Sun.
Skriniar, 27, has a contract that expires in 2023 and his future at Inter remains uncertain as he is yet to sign a new contract, with Real Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain, Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur.
The Italian side previously rejected offers of up to €70m for the Slovakia international but could now lose him on a free transfer next summer.
Janusz Michallik wonders if Brendan Rodgers lost Leicester’s dressing room after their 6-2 loss to Tottenham.
– Barcelona are interested in a free transfer for the Chelsea midfielder Jorginho, reports The Sun, as his contract expires this summer. That leaves the Catalan side preparing a January approach for the 30-year-old, when the Italy international – who would be seen as an ideal replacement for Sergio Busquets — would be able to sign a pre-contractual agreement.
– Arsenal, Liverpool and Sevilla are ready to race for the Shakhtar Donetsk winger Mykhaylo Mudryk in January, according to Calciomercato. The 21-year-old Ukraine international, who made a dazzling start to the Champions League with two goals in two games, is said to be on the radar of several top European teams.
– Rennes will quickly become a free agent Xekawith midfielder Baptist Santamaria sidelined for five months after suffering an ankle injury, reports L’Equipe. Xeka, 27, has been without a club since his contract with Lille ended in June, and after 144 Ligue 1 appearances with Mastiffsthe Portuguese international is ready for a return to the French top flight.
– Manchester City loanee Issa Kabore want to stay at Marseille, Foot Mercato reports, with OM having a €20m option to make the move permanent. The 21-year-old right-back has revealed he has attracted interest from various clubs this summer but the Burkinabe international opted to move to France.
– Borussia Dortmund are interested in the 18-year-old Australian striker Garang Kuol, according to Calciomercato. The highly-rated striker has four goals and one assist in nine A-League appearances for the Central Coast Mariners, and the teenager is tipped to make the Socceroos’ World Cup squad after being called up for friendlies against New Zealand next week. .