The summer transfer window is approaching and there is a lot of gossip floating around about who is going where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumors, whereabouts and, of course, deals!
TOP STORY: Kounde wants Barca to move to Premier League
Mundo Deportivo report that Jules Kounde, 23, has told Sevilla that he would rather join Barcelona this summer than a move to Premier League clubs Chelsea or Newcastle United.
It’s a blow especially for Chelsea, who were chasing the Frenchman after already losing Antonio Rudiger and Andreas Christensen on free transfers.
The centre-back is said to be Xavi Hernandez’s first choice to strengthen the defensive line, alongside Christensen who is expected to move to Camp Nou in the coming weeks. Club legend Gerard Pique is not part of the Barca manager’s plans for the next season.
Although both English clubs are willing to pay Koundé’s €90m release clause, Sevilla have reportedly agreed to around €65-70m for the France international to move to his preferred destination as the Catalan side reportedly prepared an exchange proposal that includes 21 years. -former full-back Sergino Dest.
However, any move could still be in doubt as Kounde recently underwent minor surgery following an injury while playing for France which will keep him sidelined for at least a month.
– ESPN+ guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (US)
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
– West Ham United interested in Southampton captain James Ward-Prowse, according to The Mirror. The 27-year-old England international has enjoyed an impressive campaign in the Premier League, scoring a personal best 10 goals and five assists in 26 league appearances. David Moyes is reportedly looking to add depth to the Hammers’ midfield for next season with top-flight ready players and the dead-ball specialist is seen as a proven talent.
– Internazionale have agreed a €5m loan deal for Romelu Lukaku dismissed by Chelsea, reports fabrice romano. After the two sides opened formal negotiations over the 29-year-old on Wednesday, Inter have had their opening offer declined.
After a disappointing season for the Blues, which saw the club-record £97.5million signing manage just eight league goals, the striker is set to leave Stamford Bridge this summer. However, the Belgium international is determined to return to the Nerazzurri and so the talks for the striker will continue this week.
– Another of fabrice romano here, who reports that Andreas Pereira is set to return to Manchester United after a season-long loan spell with Flamengo. The 26-year-old will return to Old Trafford ahead of pre-season with the Brazilian side unwilling to exercise their €10.5million option to keep the midfielder permanently. Pereira could still be set to leave the Red Devils this summer, with just a year on his contract and apparently not part of Erik ten Hag’s plans for next season.
– Bournemouth are close to reaching an agreement with Ryan Frederick as part of a triple transfer, reports The Sun. The 29-year-old is available on a free transfer, his contract at West Ham expiring at the end of this month, having made 77 appearances in four years for the Hammers.
Scott Parker’s side are also set to sign a 27-year-old midfielder Joe Rothwellwho does not have a contract this summer, while the 23-year-old midfielder Marcus Tavernier has just one year left on his contract with Middlesbrough and would be available to join the Cherries at a lower price.
– Fiorentina prepare €10m opening bid for Shakhtar Donetsk Dodowriting sky sports. The 23-year-old Brazilian right-back, who has made 26 appearances for the Ukraine side this season, has previously been linked with Barcelona as heir to Dani Alves’ departure. Fiorentina are also looking to replace Alvaro Odriozolaas the 26-year-old defender will return to Real Madrid this summer after a season-long loan.