The battle of bulge has always been very difficult for most women. Their body fat percentage is slightly higher and appears around the waist and abdomen. Post-pregnancy women especially tend to gain weight around their stomach and lose a lot of muscle tone. If you’re struggling to get the kind of abs you want, stick to an exercise routine you can count on.
I recommend yoga, swimming, walking, cycling, simple home routines, and functional exercises that have been tried and tested and give good results. The idea is to be fuss-free and find something that flows seamlessly with your daily routine.
Double Pawanmuktasana is one of the best yoga poses for reducing belly fat.
How to implement:
1) Lie on your back and keep your legs straight.
2) Inhale slowly and raise your legs straight up to 45 degrees.
3) Now exhale and bend your legs at the knees towards the chest until your thigh touches the stomach. Hug your knees and close your fingers.
4) Gently raise your head and try to touch the tip of the nose to the knees. Hold this position for 30 seconds, and you can extend it up to 1 minute, depending on your strength.
(People with severe neck pain, injury, or stiffness should avoid raising the head.)
5) Inhale, lower the head down and straighten the legs, put them on the floor and relax.
Pavanamuktasana treats acidity, indigestion and constipation. It is an excellent exercise for strengthening the abdominal organs. Relieves back pain. Those who suffer from problems in passing gas, acidity, arthritis and suffer from heart problems get a good relief by doing this asana.
Sitting in Vajrasana and then touching your forehead to the floor while breathing in and doing Maha Bandha is also great. More flexible and shapely people can try Halasana (plow pose), which is exceptionally good for toning the stomach and reducing the size of your belly and love handles.
exercises at home
Lying on your back, exercises such as cycling with one leg and double leg are very good. Follow this with a leg raise. Raising the leg at 90 degrees works the upper abdomen, raising it at 45 degrees works the middle abdomen and at 30 degrees works the lower abdomen. Whether standing or sitting, try bending forward and touching your toes.
Something that is great for improving your metabolism, which lowers your overall body fat percentage, will be a kicker. If someone has been exposed to kick boxing, squats and kick kicks are exceptionally good, when it comes to increasing your BMR. Squatting, of course, challenges the lower extremities and increases the basal metabolic rate, but squatting with kicks is also very important.
Lying on your back with your hands behind your back, elbow to knee, right to left, left to right gradually.
It can help to hold on to some bars and do knee raises. This can be done at more advanced levels as you develop your strength.
Working on your stomach, whether it’s an upper, lower, or full roller, definitely helps you gain more courage because we work on the manipura chakra as well, venting our fears, phobias, insecurities, and anxieties. As we strengthen our stomachs, we also strengthen our courage, courage, core, and confidence.
Use your home supports
One can use various props available in the home or furniture for the exercises. Here are some examples:
1) Take the chair back support and sit down, or simply sit up straight on the chair and twist, bend or lean forward.
2) Bhujangasana or cobra pose can be done with the support of a chair: stand behind the chair, holding onto its backrest. Inhale and stretch upward. This helps in expanding the lungs and chest, increases breathing capacity and improves flexibility of the spine.
3) Side leg bending with a chair: Sit on the chair with the left leg bent. Move the right leg out toward the sides. Inhale, lift both hands and bend toward the right side, try to touch your right ankle with the right hand, left hand facing up. Then do it on the other side. This reduces fat from the waist area. Helps strengthen the hamstrings and calf muscles.
4) Towel exercises: Towels are long so we can use them to stretch and strengthen our biceps. We can push them down and use them against the hook and use them for the triceps. We can also use them to expand the chest and stretch and open the shoulders.
5) Water bottles can be used as weights and for strength exercises such as squats and lunges.
6) Take a pillow, lie on your back, press it between your knees and do hip raises or crunches.
7) Keep it lower back for a good back stretch.
8) Keep it under your belly button and simply rest. It will be very helpful to reduce belly fat.
The best time to exercise
Morning workouts are better because they not only help in reducing belly fat, but also in improving mood and food satiety. And if one can find time in the evening, it will help him increase upper body muscular strength and endurance.
Bodily processes are not uniform throughout the day, as certain hormones rise and fall, so one needs to be active throughout the day.
To achieve your goal, do your exercises twice a day on an empty stomach.
Follow a routine or Dincharya as per Ayurveda. In the morning, have herbal tea with organic jaggery and cinnamon to improve immunity while reducing belly fat. Eat lots of raw fruits in the morning. It is recommended to use alkaline fruits such as musk melon, watermelon, honey and pomegranate. Avoid preserved, flavored, artificial, colored or processed foods. Finish your dinner by 6:30 pm.
Meditation to relax and rejuvenate.
(Dr. Mehta has trained Bollywood stars Akshay Kumar, Preity Zinta, Billionaires, Politicians, Miss World/Miss Universe and Maharashtra Police candidates. Best selling author, appointed FIT India Action Champion by Sports Authority of India).