There’s nothing quite as inspiring as a truly stunning before and after photo. I’m talking about a 50+ pound weight loss where she looks like a completely new person.
It’s amazing how young you look when you’ve got your excess fat off. Inside them was an attractive, happy, energetic person.
Many popular magazines feature makeover success stories like this one at the start of the new year. Flip through the pages of before and after photos, and it’s hard not to feel inspired to make healthy changes in your life.
It is also interesting to read how each person managed to completely lose weight. What was their exercise routine? What diet plan did they follow? The truth is that there are many actions and plans that bring success.
The key is choosing your plan and sticking to it.
As you can see, there is nothing easy about any of these steps. To make real change, you have to be uncomfortable and stay uncomfortable. Keep pushing yourself and avoid the comfort and easy trap. If you need help, be sure to reach out to your local health expert and ask them to create a plan that will fit your life and allow you to become a version of yourself. You got this!
Of course, this is where things get tricky, during the holding on. This is when life tempts you to lose focus and become lazy. This is when even the best intentions won’t help you win.
Below I have compiled a list of the best transformation tips that have come from the mouths of those who have already done so. Every tip below is from a fat loss champion who has lost over 50 pounds and up to half his body weight.
- Fat loss is 80% mental and 20% physical. Get your mind right if you want to succeed.
- Focus on non-standard victories like how your clothes fit, how you feel, and how healthy you are.
- Fix what’s going on inside before you try to fix what’s going on outside. The mind is a powerful part of your transformation.
- Don’t stress so much on what you eat, but instead on how much you eat. Keep calories in check.
- Find an exercise routine that you won’t get bored so that you can stick to it.
- Stick to your workout plan no matter how tired you feel that day. Push your body through the motions even if you’re tired.
- Don’t be afraid to make healthy changes. You have nothing to lose and a lot of life to gain.
- Use a slow cooker to have healthy meals on hand to avoid unhealthy meals.
- Use a fitness app to log your meals, exercises, and water consumption. This helps keep you on track on those days when you don’t feel like it.
- Try eating leafy green vegetables and protein throughout the day to boost your energy. As a bonus, this also speeds up your results.
- Find a plan and stick to it. Jumping from diet to diet never works in the long run.
- Get creative with healthy eating by trying new recipes. This helps prevent boredom from creeping in.
- Find an accountability partner who will keep you going strong as temptation strikes.
- Make healthy changes gradually. If you ate a whole pizza yesterday, don’t split the pizza completely. Only eat one slice today.
- Don’t give yourself the option to give up. If you make a mistake, pick yourself up and keep moving forward.
- Remember, the best part about getting in shape isn’t the six-pack. It is about making improvements to your confidence and general outlook on life.
- Be willing to ask for help. Engage a knowledgeable fitness professional to ensure your efforts are safe, effective, and successful.
Fred Sasani is the founder of Bodies By Design in Flugerville, and is a nationally certified master trainer and nutritionist. For more information on Bodies By Design, visit bbdforlife.com.